Showing posts with label Public Meeting Minutes. Show all posts
Showing posts with label Public Meeting Minutes. Show all posts

Monday, 24 October 2011

AGM - Minutes

Apologies for the delayed posting of our AGM minutes - but here they are. Letters have also gone out across the neighbourhood - so please feel free to get involved and send us your email address for updates:

Leswin Area Residents Association (LARA)
MINUTES

AGM
St Paul’s Hall, Amhurst Road, N16
7pm, September 2011


Present Jim Westwood (Chair), Guada Marengo (Treasurer), Fiona Fieber (Secretary), Andrea Jung, Anne Towndrow, Maureen Diffley, Helen Rawlinson, Jamie Elliott, Gavin Smith, Niall Weir
Apologies Chris Dennis


Election of Officers

Chair Andrea Jung
Secretary Fiona Fieber
Treasurer Guada Marengo

Heartfelt thanks were expressed to the out going chair, Jim Westwood, for all his hard work in setting up and leading LARA since 2009.
Congratulations to the newly elected Chair, Andrea.
Gavin Smith joined the committee as a member.


Agenda

Big Lunch
Fiona reported LARA’s second Big Lunch on Sunday 5th June 2011 had been a great success. Individual contributions had covered the costs. Agreed LARA will create some events to fundraise.
Big Lunch 2012 is on Sunday 3rd June.

20 mile an hour zone
Consultation – recommend keep on putting views to LBH re the consultation.
LBH Cycling Officer has acknowledged LARA’s views and comments.
The traffic lights at the Evering/Rectory junction are problematic, especially for children.
Suggested LARA teams up with Friends of Benthal School.
Involve Cllr Louisa Thomson.

Sainsburys
No news yet regarding planning permission.
Jamie outlined some of the issues and controversies re the process.
Proposal: LARA takes a position against the proposed development for Sainsburys on Wilmer Place.
Tell Stokey Local - Jamie

West Hackney Rec
Niall said Stage One of the application to Heritage Lottery Fund has gone through and provided some funding to support a consultation and development period.

AOB
Gary reported a spate of late night muggings around the Brooke/Bayston Road area.
Call for greater neighbour awareness and engagement.
Contact the Safer Neighbourhood Police Team.
Anne said she would take it to the next CAP meeting.





If you wish to add any comments or want to raise any issues within the LARA area, please write below - thank you!


Tuesday, 4 May 2010

Leswin Area Residents Association (LARA) MINUTES

PUBLIC MEETING

7pm, Thursday 22nd April 2010
St Paul’s Hall, Evering Road, N16

Present:
Committee: Jim Westwood, Fiona Fieber, Laurie Byrne, Maureen Diffley, Helen Rawlinson, Andrea Jung

Apologies:
Anne Towndrow, Deborah James, Chris Dennis, Georgina Allen

1. Traffic Issues
We talked about advertising our next meeting as a special LARA one–off to discus the Gyratory and other issues such as:
What would LARA like to see happen to the one way system e.g. is it a good or bad thing as it stands?
What traffic related measures would we like to see put in place anyway such as traffic calming, 20mph zone, one way system or roads blocked to stop ‘rat running’, more crossing points on the high road etc? Cycle lanes?
Action: Draft a LARA position on the issues and post on the Blog. Andrea
Invite Council Officers, Police and other stakeholders to the meeting. Circulate draft to Councillors.
Meeting Date: Thursday 17th June at St Paul’s Hall

2. The Big Lunch
LARA will organise a Big Lunch picnic on the Recreation Ground to tie in with the nation-wide event being held on Sunday 18th July. Everyone welcome, bring food to share, blankets to sit on etc. Local musicians. Performers. Games. Decorations.
Fiona, Niall, Maureen, Laurie, Barbara, Helen and Mohammed agreed to help organise the Big lunch and will meet in June.
More info and ideas at http://www.thebiglunch.com/ .
  • We need help to plan and publicise. Anyone interested visit the Blog or please drop a note through one of the agreed post box doors:
  • Laurie at 62b Darville Rd
  • Maureen at 54 Leswin Rd
3. Licensing issues
We talked about the idea of ‘Special Policy Area’ status which restricts the
number of licensed premises whilst maintaining the balance of a good night’s sleep with a vibrant night time economy. Follow up at the next meeting.

4. Gardening
Share cuttings, surplus plants etc by putting them, labelled for identification, out at the front of our houses, and posting a note on the Blog.

5. AOB
  • It was suggested that when distributing the Newsletter, publicity etc it would be good to knock on doors and talk to people face to face.
  • Niall presented the plans for improvements to the Recreation Ground, and told us that a funding bid was going in to the Heritage lottery Fund. Agreed there could be an info stall at the Big Lunch.

6. Date of Next Public Meeting: Thursday 17th June, St Paul’s Hall
NB. This meeting will focus on Traffic Issues.

Thursday, 18 February 2010

Public Meeting Minutes

Apologies for the delay! Here are the minutes from our last public meeting for LARA:

Leswin Area Residents Association (LARA)
MINUTES

PUBLIC MEETING

7pm, Thursday16th December 2009
Firestation, 61 Leswin Road N16


Present:
Committee: Jim Westwood. Fiona Fieber, Laurie Byrne, Maureen Diffley, Georgina Allen, Helen Rawlinson, Helen Ford, Deborah James, Anne Towndrow

Apologies:
Andrea Jung

LARA Constitution
The Draft Constitution was adopted, subject to amendments:
a) Public Meetings to be held four times a year.
b) £5 annual subscription per household.

The Constitution will be put up on the Blog.

Election of Officers
The following residents stood for election and were voted in by the Meeting:
Jim Westwood (Chair)
Fiona Fieber (Secretary)
Laurie (Treasurer)

Social event
An entertainments sub-committee was approved to organise LARA social events.

Communications
Helen Rawlinson presented LARA blog
Circulate the address to all residents

Reports
Traffic issues – Louisa Thompson talked about current situation regarding one way system. Changes are a long way off in the future as so huge. Ongoing process led by TFL. A detailed feasibility study being carried out on 20 mph zone, ends in 2010. Contraflow cycle lanes – council’s response fairly negative, pointing out work that’s already going on.
HCC – Hackney Cycling Campaign want to meet LARA to discuss options. PROPOSED Meeting with all partiies. Join up with other groups in the area. Liaise with Louisa Thompson.
Car Club – suggestion.
Zone E up for review 2010/11.
Paddy Power application 117-119 SN High Street. Make LARA representation with objections. ACTION Jim, Fiona
Nightclub – 92 SN High Street. Roger attend Licence meeting on behalf of Lara. Let Rita Krishna know. Action: Jim/Roger
CAP - Helen Ford. Next meeting at Somerford Community Hall 13th January 2010. Put notes onto blog.

Date of Next Public Meeting TBC